Friday, December 14, 2007

Heaven and Hell

H,E DOUBLE HOCKEY STICK:
Our teachers for this project divided the class into two groups. One group would be illustrating their idea of hell and the other would illustrate their idea of heaven. I was given hell. I wanted to depict my idea of HELL which is to loose one's memory as hell.











This is my process that I usually go through when I create a painting. There is a week of thumb nailing and brainstorming. Then once I pick the idea a bunch of comps are done to pick which composition works the best, then the final idea with placement, final drawing (rendered) and then painting process. I was told at my last review I should experiment with a different color palette and increase my contrast in values. I will be fixing this painting over break.

2 comments:

J. A. W. Cooper said...

This piece was by my favorite in the class. It's so well drawn and executed and your colors were fantastic! I loooooved it. (If you can't already tell.)

J. A. W. Cooper said...

I meant to say "by far my favorite in the class", ooops.